Updated: Apr 19, 2019
So you've decided on your date, venue, dress and accessories. How do you decide on your bridal makeup look?
Mood boards on apps such as Pinterest are a great way to start to curate your favourite looks. Here are some tips on finding the right look for you .....
- Steer away from highly photoshopped images, in real life no one looks like that!
- Trends aren't the way to go. Find a look that suits you and not just a current trend.
- Follow your theme. Think about the colours of your flowers, suits, dresses and what would compliment them.
- Think about skin tone. Will you be having a spray tan before your big day? Consider how colours will look different on you.
- Identify your dislikes. Creating a board of looks you don't like will help you see what styles of makeup you want to avoid.
- Have a trial. A trial with your makeup artist is one of the most important processes before the wedding day. It is so important to be honest about what you like and what you don't!
- Ask your artist! Your makeup artist will know what looks and colours will suit your face shape and colouring so don't be afraid to ask!
Most of all make sure you are happy, it is your day, wear the makeup you feel most confident and comfortable in!